BSM awarded Gilman Scholarship for study abroad

Corinna Zengel

Corinna Zengel (BSM ’20), a junior majoring in management, has been awarded a Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for the fall 2019 semester. Administered by the U.S. Department of State, the highly competitive scholarship program enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad, thereby gaining skills critical to our national security and economic competitiveness. Zengel will use the award to support her semester abroad at Insper in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

“I’m excited to continue studying and networking in the business capital of Latin America while practicing Portuguese,” said Zengel. “I hope that I can use the skills I gain here to communicate and maintain connections with people around the world throughout my career.”

The Gilman program aims to diversify the kinds of students who study and intern abroad and the countries and regions where they go by offering awards to U.S. undergraduates who might otherwise not participate due to financial constraints. The program is open to U.S. citizen undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide.

Back to top of page