Tulane alums lead Silicon Bayou 100
Silicon Bayou News recently published its annual list of the most influential and active people in tech and entrepreneurship in Louisiana, and once again Tulane University and the A. B. Freeman School of Business were well represented.
The 2016 Silicon Bayou 100 includes at least 29 honorees with connections to Tulane or the Freeman School.
“If there were any doubt as to the central role Tulane plays in the New Orleans entrepreneurial community, this year’s list should put that to rest,” said Ira Solomon, dean of the Freeman School. “I’m happy to see so many of our alumni, faculty and staff receive well-deserved recognition, and with the work of our Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, I’m confident we’ll play an even larger role in the future.”
This year’s Tulane honorees include the following.
- Lina Alfieri Stern (MBA ’97), director of operations, Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Tulane University
- Jon Atkinson (MBA ’11), coordinator and curator in chief, Lagniappe Angels
- Peggy Babin (MBA ’92), CEO, Valmiki 504
- Haley Burns (SLA ’15), founder and executive director, Fund 17
- Ben Cappiello (SSE ’10), co-founder, Bioceptive
- Charles Carriere (MBA ’95), founder and CEO, Scandy
- Barrett Conrad (E ’02), founder, Red Ticket Games
- Lowry Curley (G ’12), co-founder and CEO, AxoSim Technologies
- Sherif Ebrahim (PHTM ’92), executive director, Lepage Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Tulane University
- John Elstrott (emeritus professor of practice), chairman of the board, Whole Foods Market; executive director, EMH Strategy
- Trey Fayard (L ’07), founder and CEO, GLO
- Brendan Finke (SLA ’10), co-founder, ChapterSpot
- James Fowler (MBA ’16), corporate operations group, Cooper/T. Smith
- Erik Frank (UC ’08), director of sales, Refreshment Solutions; president, Your Nutrition Delivered
- Mark Graffagnini (L ’08), partner, Cara Stone LLP
- Kris Khalil (MBA ’16), managing director, BioFund II, New Orleans BioInnovation Center
- Kerry W. Kirby (UC ’01), founder and CEO, 365 Connect
- Mark Kurt (MBA ’06), chief technology officer, TurboSquid and PixelSquid
- Emily Madero (MBA ’07), CEO, The Idea Village
- Joe McMenemon (BSM ’08), co-founder, ChapterSpot
- Aaron Miscenich (MBA ’91), president, New Orleans BioInnovation Center
- Nicholas Pashos (current student, SSE), founder and CEO, BioAesthetics
- Alex Reed (SLA ’08), CEO and co-founder, Advanced Polymer Monitoring Technologies Inc.
- Jimmy Roussel (L ’64), CEO, The New Orleans Startup Fund
- Will Scott (former director of technology development, Tulane University), CEO, Search Influence
- Poco Sloss (Tulane parent), president, Bellwether Technology
- Allen Square (E ’94), CEO, Square Button
- Neel Sus (E ’99), CEO and founder, Susco
- Tim Williamson (BSM ’87), president, NOLA Media Group
To see the full list of this year's Silicon Bayou 100, visit Silicon Bayou News.